Wednesday, March 27, 2013

That dreaded word.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It causes the most pleasant of people to become short and snappy. It can be the factor between two very similar people that causes one of them to be extremely wise and effective. The world doesn't understand it. The church has lost their knowledge of what it means. Our culture has deleted it from it's vocabulary.
Wait.
Ick. It lingers unpleasantly, doesn't it? I've been hating the fact that this word is popping into every devotional I pick up, every message a pastor speaks, every book I'm reading, most of my conversations, and even a majority of the songs that come on the radio. I clearly see that The Lord is commanding it of me, but I've been grumbling all the same.

I boldly asked Jesus the other day why I must wait any longer. And then? I logged onto my Bible and this was waiting for ME:


No comments: