Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Midnight thoughts.

I'm struggling with Christmas this year. I miss my grandparents like crazy, especially my grandpa. I'm feeling stress over the year to come. I'm really aching over some relational crud that I know I need to let go of or be controlled by. This time of year always seems to make me extra lonely and aware of my singleness and desire for family of my own. I have an outrageous urge to lock myself away somewhere with an overload of Cajun food, a box of tissues, and several seasons of Little House on the Prairie until Pa conquers all and the world is right again. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll maybe never feel quite comfortable. Or if perhaps I will actually be more in "my" element once I'm living in Kenya. Either way, this world is not my home. I'm just passing through. And God is who He says He is. God can do what He says He can do. I am who God says I am. I can do all things through Christ. God's word is alive and active in me. Today, I'm believing God.

No comments: