Friday, August 10, 2012

What it's like.

For years, I've been terrified by the thought of being in long-term missions. I've had many fears consistently swirling around me that have stopped me from doing what I KNOW God has called me to do.

Yesterday, I was telling someone about the stuff God's doing in my life. And In the middle of the conversation, I heard Him whispering "Aye! Do you see it? Do you feel it? Do you realize it?" and my spirit immediately replied "Oh. So THIS is what it's like. Woah." and I was frozen with awe. You see, as I was explaining where God's headed with me yesterday, the fear I've experienced my whole life was absent, the biggest sense of peace I've ever known was in it's place. The uncertainty of God providing any and everything I need was missing, and confident faith that He can do what he says He can do was pouring out of my mouth. And the unsettled and uncomfortable feeling of having a life that is weird and different and isolated and not understood or able to be related to was completely dissolved. In its place was an unquenchable desire to have that very life and a knowledge that I will only be happier and more in love every day from here on out.

This is what it's like to follow Him. Ridiculously happy. Unbelievably wild. Exceedingly hilarious. And in the depth of it all, peaceful beyond understanding.

I don't care who or where you are. Don't settle for less that that.
You have no reason to.

1 comment:

Macaroo42 said...

Hallelujah, Siesta! Love it!!!!