Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I was teaching a Zumba class yesterday. The girls were nervous about getting the steps right. I could see a few of them tense up. I realized it was because they were concentrating much too hard on each movement of each beat of each song.
So I told them. "You're makin it too complicated. Don't dissect it so much. Listen to the music. Move and flow with the music. It really is that easy. I know you think it's way more fancy or intricate. But it's not. If you listen, you can hear when the music changes. Your cue to move differently. That's all of it. Right there."

Jesus reminded me of that moment today. I was thinking about some of my friendships. Trying to sort out what feels like complicated and painful situations. I was disecting a re-accuring health issue and trying to find solutions & feeling hopeless. I was thinkin about the things I want to be doing this year with life: Moving into missions, theater, dance, blah blah blah. I was feeling overwhelmed and frustrated and beat up by everything. And then.....

"You're makin it too complicated. Don't dissect it so much. Listen to the music. Move and flow with the music. It really is that easy. I know you think it's way more fancy or intricate. But it's not. If you listen, you can hear when the music changes. Your cue to move differently. That's all of it. Right there."

It's simple. Believe God.
CHOOSE to love and forgive others. Always. And listen to the spirit. You don't need to over-complicate those things. Just do them. And breathe.

No comments: