Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bunny trail.

Exhaustion.
From what?
Responsibility. 
Work. 
Influence. 
Ministry. 
Constant manipulation of how others see us.
(Or so we think.) 
Our culture's standards. 
The busy-ness we're told is normal.
That weird loneliness that comes with being so busy.
Walls.  
So many walls. 
Why is it so hard to break them?
Aren't they like glass anyway-
More fragile than we may think.
More see-through than we know.
But we think we know what we want. 
And where does that lead us? 
To the Romans 6-7 thing. 
Being exactly what we DON'T want. 
Before long........
Exhaustion. 
A cycle. A trap. 
Jesus. A king. A Kingdom. 
Our Kingdom. Oh, yeah. That. 
Yes. THAT.
Why am I not looking different from my co-worker who doesn't believe God even exists? Why am I  living as every other person on this planet?
Focus. 
Jesus. A King. 
Live like it. 
Authority to shut up demons. 
Trample snakes & scorpions.
Bring healing & redemption wherever I step foot.
Change the world. 
Rein alongside my King for reals. 
Jesus told me I could. 
I haven't gotten that down yet. 
Why on earth not.....
Walls. 
So many walls. 
Let them shatter.
Loudly. 

No comments: