Monday, January 14, 2013

On confrontation and arguing.

Last night, I was emotionally, self-righteously, and defensively pounding out a message to a dear friend who's recently hurt me. As I cleverly crafted the perfect wording to confidently portray my issues, a thought flew into my heart seemingly from nowhere and shocked me so strongly my fingers ceased flying instantly and I'm pretty sure I had the wind knocked out of me.....

The intention of the message I was writing was to find out why things weren't going the way I thought they should between my friend and I. I wanted an explanation about it. But ONLY about that. And I planned on going to sleep with prayers that Jesus would give her conviction and help her see the error of her actions recently. I PLANNED to fall asleep being upset with her. (Hello, ugly side!) I had absolutely no plan on praying for whatever may be going on with her or her life to CAUSE abnormal behavior. I didn't want to pray for whatever she may be struggling with. And I realized that until I do, I really don't have a right to say anything and I best keep my mouth shut until my heart gets itself into check. Don't you agree most issues would be solved if we all tried to keep to this rule? I've learned an important lesson.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Love the verse you chose for Beth Moore's Scripture team! :-)